Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Taking the Cruise-in Home With You

It's not necessarily a requirement that Oakboro residents have old cars, but it seems like most do. And they're featured in a new calendar. I really like looking at mine on the wall. When stress hits during the day, I take a gander at Betty and Herman Almond's 56 Chevy and the stress goes away. For an instant, I feel like I'm at the Cruise-in. I envision friends I've met there and the crowds of people who come every month from afar.

That beautiful, bright yellow '56 F-100 Ford pick-up truck that I see every month is the photo for April. It belongs to my friends Jerry and Agnes Crayton. He's the one who actually started this event.

Calendars are $5 apiece and can be purchased during the cruise-in. It's a great way to take a little of it home with you!

No comments: